Gorilla Trekking is the highlight of all visits done in Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo and Rwanda and certainly mountain gorillas are the major reason as to why very many people visit these three destinations Find information about gorilla trekking holidays to see gorillas in the wild, how to acquire a permit, as well as tour companies arranging such treks. Gorilla trekking is defined as a hike to the tropical forests of Africa to see the mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
Mountain Gorilla trekking is known as life time changing event and by being so, there a number of things you can forget thereafter:
- The high cost of Mountain Gorilla Trip – In Uganda, the cost of Gorilla permit goes to USD 700, in Rwanda at USD 1500 while that of DRC is it goes to USD400. After paying for your gorilla permit, also think about transport, flights, accommodation and so on. All the listed make Mountain Gorilla trek more expensive in Uganda, Rwanda and Democratic Republic of Congo.
- The hustle trekkers go through in the process – Gorilla trekking is a serious hustle; it involves climbing hills and sloping down through slipper trails. For more information, Gorilla trekking requires some level of fitness. The time taken while searching for Gorillas is un predictable and depends on the movement of the Gorillas. Sometimes, trekkers spend a full day in the forest looking for Gorillas.
- The nice looks of Gorillas – the young gorillas look nice and amazing. It’s amazing look into the eyes of gorillas. The young gorillas look nice with fresh hair and seeing them becomes a permanent memory in your life.
- The walk-through African Jungles – the tropical forests in Uganda, the bamboo forests in Volcanoes National Park and DRC with open grassland, lowland closed and humid montane forests (15% of the vegetation), with savannas, lava plains, swamps and unique Afroalpine vegetation. Each National Park exhibits different type of vegetation but with unique views and widens the chances of getting amazing photos.
- Unpolluted Air in the habitats of Mountain Gorillas – The tropical rain forest of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Mgahinga National Park offers fresh air. When walking through the forests, you feel the unique environment with unpolluted air.