PURPOSE OF THE WEB SITE
This purpose of this site is to share information about the Virunga Region, to support broader learning, awareness raising and networking among parties who may share interest in domains of work.
The posts published in this website are contributions by the respective authors. All the contributions have not been reviewed by, are not endorsed by and may not represent the opinion or viewpoints of CARE , the International Gorilla Conservation Programme, the Howard G. Buffett Foundation or any other partner of this programme.
COMMENTS BY THIRD PARTIES
We welcome comments to our posts. Comments will be moderated and the decision to publish them remains at EEEGL’s discretion. The views expressed by any third parties on our comment boards are solely theirs and are not necessarily endorsed by CARE International, the International Gorilla Conservation Programme, the Howard G. Buffett Foundation or any other partner of this programme. Comments that violate any of the following rules will not be published:
- Personal identification: Anonymous comments will not be accepted. All comments submitted to this site must include your name and a genuine email address. Do not represent yourself as another person.
- Conduct and use of language: Your comment should be within the scope of the topic under discussion. Comments should be civil and tasteful, and must not be malicious or designed to offend. Swear-words and profanity will not be accepted. No reference should be made to the personality of other participants nor should attacks be made on an individual’ss character.
- Direct requests: This website is a space for discussion, comment and debate on development issues related to the EEEGL programme. It cannot be used to make direct requests to our staff members, for example, for funding, employment or personal meetings. Any such requests will not be published. The only exception is a request for more information or clarification.
- Legal liability: You should remember that you are legally responsible for what you write. By submitting a comment you undertake to indemnify CARE International, the International Gorilla Conservation Programme, the Howard G. Buffett Foundation or any other partner of this programme, against any liability arising from breach of confidentiality or copyright, or any obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or other actionable statement you may make.
- Advertising, spamming and research. No advertising or promotion is allowed except where it is for an event, publication or similar item that has direct relevance to the subject of discussion. Nuisance comments to the point of spamming will not be tolerated. We want to ensure everyone has the space to join the debate and will therefore block any users trying to monopolise comment boards with repeated and excessive submissions. Information about locating and sharing knowledge and expertise is welcomed, but within the specific discussion provided.